There's nothing quite like the flavorful combination of sweet apples and piquant dijon, especially when paired with salty pork chops. Go the extra step and add a crispy, fragrant rosemary crust to these sweet and savory chops, and you've got a dish that has flavorful depth and textural variety like non other. And when you try our new Hudson Valley Harvest frozen meats, you'll be surprised to see how tasty frozen meat can be-We were surprised ourselves! We like to pair this dish with some crunchy sweet potato latkes and creamy scallion crème fraîche for a refreshing and tart contrast.
- 1 package of Hudson Valley Harvest Berkshire Pork Chops
- 1 jar of Tyler Florence Apple Dijon Grilling Glaze
- 1 cup Panko
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp of Spectrum high heat sunflower seed oil
1. In a ziplock bag, add pork chops, 2 tsp of salt, half of the marinade, and shake. Seal and refrigerate over night.
2. Before cooking, add panko, rosemary, salt, and pepper to a small shallow dish, mix well. Add oil to a medium sized frying pan and turn to medium high heat.
3. While the oil is heating up, allow excess marinade to drip off of the pork chops. Douse both sides in panko mixture and make sure to coat evenly. When they're breaded, gently add the pork chops to your frying pan. Cook for about 6 minutes on each side, until crust is golden and the inside of the pork chops reaches 150°.* Remove from heat and set aside.
4. As the chops are resting, add the remaining marinade to the frying pan and turn to high heat, scraping all the bits off of the bottom. Whisk until sauce has thickened, about 3 minutes, and drizzle on top of pork chops. Serve.
* To avoid crust falling off, make sure not to move the chops until 6 minutes has passed.