With longer days ahead of us, what better way to bring in Spring than by indulging in some good ole' fashioned day drinking. Sure, you could go to a bar and hang out but it's definitely prime rooftop season and we think we found the perfect little mate to help you relax on top of your building. This sweet and spicy cocktail will knock you on your ass (believe us, we had a little too much fun testing this recipe) and is made with one of our newest arrivals and one of our old favorites. Royal Rose's Three Chiles Simple Syrup adds a deep smokiness to this margarita while the sweet and grassy notes from Belvoir's Lime and Lemongrass Cordial play with the bright burn from the tequila.
MAKES 2 DRINKS
- 1/2 shot Rose's Simple Syrup - Three Chiles
- 1/2 Belvoir Cordials - lime and lemongrass
- 2 shots of tequila
- 2 shots water
- juice of one lime, save one small wedge
- 1 tbsp of raw sugar
- 1 tbsp of chile powder, mixed
1, Mix the raw sugar and chile powder in a shallow bowl; set aside. Rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip into the chili-sugar mixture.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a shaker, over ice, and shake vigorously for thirty seconds. Add more ice to rimmed cups and gently pour mixture on top. Serve immediately. Repeat.