We know you love Roberta's City White, with its crusty dark exterior and moist, nutty dense center. Sure, it's great plain, but it's even better when lubed up with some salty kriemhild butter and a smear of grapefruit jam from Anarchy in a Jar or when used to take out some aggression in a ripped up bread salad. And if you've never had a bread salad, which does sort of sound like a edible contradiction, then you're in for a treat. It's super quick, completely cathartic, and addicting. It's good.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Loaf of Roberta's City White, torn to small pieces
- 1 box of Satur Farms heirloom baby tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of baby arugula
- 1 small red onion, shaved
- lemon juice to taste
1. Combine the first four ingredients and whisk until thoroughly incorporated and drizzle over torn bread.
2. Toss in the remaining ingredients and season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Let sit for ten minutes and serve.